Posted by: Help | 2008/07/14

When to use a probiotic

I've been bloated now for a couple of months,flat tummy when i wake up, & thereafter I look 3 mnths by 9:am in the morning.Can a Probiotic help with this?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi, you can try, a probiotic can’t harm you in any way and will help to restore and maintain the level of good bacteria or the so-called normal flora in your gut.
I recommend REUTERI because:
- it is scientifically tested to be safe and effective
- it is available as a chewable tablet and the dose is only 1 daily – suggest you get a pack of 30.
- it is not coated, therefore starts working in the mouth and is active throughout the gut.
Other factors that you should consider:
- Are you constipated?
- Are you taking enough fibre or perhaps OVER DOING the fibre?
- Are you taking in enough fluids?
- Are you eating a healthy balanced diet which includes fresh fruit and veggies?
- Are you getting some excersise?

Posted by: reshmi | 2008/09/18

my husband has the above, can he use probiotics and which is recommended?

Reply to reshmi
Posted by: Rochelle | 2008/09/17

I am flying to Cape Town next month and two years ago when I was on holiday with the train to Cape Town I was so sick. Is their any tablets of any thing that I can use.

Reply to Rochelle