Question
Posted by: Carrie | 2007/04/19

When to take a test

During the last 2 and a half weeks:

I missed my pill for 3 days.My husband and i were intimate in this time. I then missed one pill about 5 days later. About 3 days later i started on a course of antibiotics.

During all this time we have been initmate. My period is due in a week.

When is the earliest time to detect a pregnancy?

And if one falls pregnant while on the pill, and you are unaware, and continue taking your pill, for say, a month - what damage could be done (if any) to the foetus? Also if i fell pregnant in this time, would my pill and antibiotics affect a possible baby?

I have PCOS and my gynae said i would need fertility assistance if i wanted to start a family, so there isnt a big chance that i am pregnant, but i would like to know sooner rather than later, as i wouldnt want to do anything to harm a baby while i am oblivious to a pregnancy.

You will have to wait till your period is due before testing.
Taking the pill while you are pregnant will not affect the baby. Many antibiotics are safe in pregnancy . It depends which one you took.

2
Posted by: Carrie | 2007/04/20

Thanks Tash. Will do that then.

Reply to Carrie
Posted by: Tash | 2007/04/20

A blood test could tell if you are pregnant about 8-10 days after you had intercouse in your fertile time!

Reply to Tash