Question
Posted by: R | 2007/04/19

When to start using a contraceptive

Dear Gynae

I am getting married in 12 months' time. I have never had sex before (first time will be when we marry) and therefore never used a contraceptive before. I am 23 years old. When would you suggest I start using a contraceptive, as I understand one should start using it a few months in advance - 6months, or should I start now?

Thank you for all your advice to "ignorant" ones like me!

If you start 3-4 months before you get married, that will be enough time for your body to get used to the contraceptive.

1
Posted by: hes | 2007/04/19

i would suggest you go to you nearest clinic or dr ,so that they can explain to you the different methods and pills to use and they can help you choose the right method for you and i would suggest thtat you start 4 -6 months before you get married just to see if the specific method work for you.the clinic or dr will also say when they think you must begin the pill .good luck!! i wish you and you future husband the best of luck!!being married is the best!!

Reply to hes