Question
Posted by: fatlady | 2003/01/22

when to start?

hi there

i hope you can help me - i'm very over weight but lost 10 kg already
im on weigh-less at the moment
the problem i have is that i' can already feel "pap" as im losing the weight
i don't really want to join a gym at the moment since i feel very self concience and cant afford all the expensive gym cloths'ill also probably be the biggest in the room!

do you think it's wise to wait till i've lost another 15 kg before staring with gym
or should i rather start asap

when i reach my goal i want to look good and not meters and meters of extra flab
the best i could in any case

thx

fatty

Firstly, congrats on losing 10kg - a very good start. My advice is to start exercising as soon as possible! Why not do the home -based "Shape up for Summer" programme - found on the home page of this website. You can do it in the comfort of your home and get fantastic results without fancy clothes or spending lots of money on a gym.

Exercise will speed up up the fat loss process and will certainly help you to be better toned. Furthermore, it will provide you with other fantastic health benefits. It will also help you to feel better about yourself and gain confidence.

Don't wait. Start today! (or at least after you have medical consent!)

1
Posted by: Ma'at | 2003/01/24

Well done loosing 10kg's is excellent! Home training is fine, but you might find that the self imposed regimentation of a gym programme will help you - like the weeky "weigh ins" have. Start gym tody, exercise speeds up your metabolism and drops those kilos! Don't be self conscious, you've demonstrated that you have a strong mind by loosing the 10kg's you can do much more! Please drink at least 2l of water a day!

Reply to Ma'at