Question
Posted by: CR | 2005/07/19

WHEN TO SEE GYNAE

HOW OFTEN SHOULD A PREGNANT WOMAN SEE HER GYNAE? ALSO, IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS, AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET A CHECK UP, IS IT OKAY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE YOUR GYNAE?

Early in pregnancy, you would generally go once a month. After 28 weeks, every two weeks and weekly from 36 weeks. If you have a problem, you should see your gynaecologist in between.

2
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/19

In the beginning I saw my gynae every 6 weeks until about 20 weeks & then it was every 4 weeks until 32 weeks, then every 2 weeks & finally every week in the end.

I think that if you are worried about something & want an interim appointment with your gynae then you should go ahead & make one. After all - you're the one paying for the consultation.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/19

Hi CR,

I think it depends from Gynae to Gynae. I was seeing my gynae every 2 weeks before my miscarriage but I think after 3 months every 6 weeks should be fine. You have every right to make an appointment or even phone your gynae if you feel that there is something wrong or just have questions. The ladies on this forum are also very clued up and answer questions very quickly.

Reply to CC1