Question
Posted by: Cassey | 2007/03/07

When to have the Mirena?

I am plannig on having the Mirena inserted, now I found out that the Gynae wants to do it while I am having my period. Is it really neccesary? What worries me is that it is going to be a bit difficult to arrage an appointment if that's the way it has to happen, since I had a baby 12 weeks ago, and things are still sorting themselves out.

It is best to insert it at this time because then it is certain that you are not pregnant.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/08

The reason that doctors insert the Mirena during a period is to rule out the possibility of pregnancy as insertion could abort an early stage pregnancy that has not been picked up yet:)
Speak to your doctor about your concern as it may not be necessary in your case:)

Reply to Maya