Question
Posted by: Maine | 2004/11/02

When to have a pregnancy test?

I have never been pregnant before and my monthly cycle is 9 days late. How long should i wait before having a test done?

You can do one now.

3
Posted by: muffin | 2004/11/03

I did a test on the day of my missed period and it was positive, the tests are very sensitive.
Maine, the best way to make sure is a blood test, any pathologist will do it for you.

Reply to muffin
Posted by: Maine | 2004/11/03

Purple, i had a blood test done yesterday and it came up negative. I am 22 and have had a monthly cycle since i was 10. In 12 years of menstrating i have never been this late. I am an emotional wreck! All my friends and collegues say that i should wait until i am 14 -21 days late and then have another test done?? Any thoughts??

Reply to Maine
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/02

You can do one now. A home test and a blood test would show positive by now.

Reply to Purple