Question
Posted by: anon | 2004/11/25

When to go to Gynae after finding out ur pregnant

At how many weeks is it advisable to see the Gynae?

If you have any medical illnesses or have had problems in a previous pregnancy, go as soon as possible. Otherwise around 8-10 weeks is fine.

3
Posted by: anon | 2004/11/25

Thanks,i am 4 weeks, so will wait a bit.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Blue | 2004/11/25

yes - after 6 weeks is good so you can see the heartbeat. If you have had an ectopic pregnany some people advise going earlier to ensure the pregnancy is in right place so your tube can be save if it's not.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Lynz | 2004/11/25

Hi Anon,

I asked that question yesterday, nobody answered!?! I think it's at 6 weeks or so when the heart starts beating. Some people only go at 8 weeks for the first time.

Hope this helps!

Reply to Lynz