Question
Posted by: TT | 2007/03/14

WHEN SHOULD ONE SEE GYNAE

Good Day Doc,

My Gp confirmed that i'm pregnant and he think that i'm 9 weeks pregnant. My last period was on the 8 January. He referred me to the gynae, but all gynaes' in Alberton are full bokked,can only get appointment in May when i'm almost over my first trimester.

Is it safe not to see gynae within the first 3 months? Which multi vitamins can i take in the meanwhile?

Please help doc.

TT

You should see a gynaecologist by 12 weeks. Use Pregnavit M in the meanwhile.

4
Posted by: Pip | 2007/03/14

A pregnancy multi-vitamin that you can use is Pregnavit...

Reply to Pip
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/14

GP's are not trained to spot abnormalities in the growing fetus. Rather try and get an appointment with your chosen gynae.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/14

You should see a gynae areound 10 weeks, they need to do blood tests etc and a scan to make sure the baby is developing properly. If you tell the Gynae's receptionist that you are pregnant, and how many weeks you are, you should get a booking sooner. You also need to be on folic acid and a preggie multivitamin

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Me | 2007/03/14

I've been going to my family doctor since 7 weeks of pregnancy - he has a scan machine, etc at his practice so could do all that.
If your pregnancy is normal, there is no reason why you can't stay with your doctor till you can get an appointment with your gynae.
My first gynae appointment is in April - i'll be almost 6 months pregnant then

Reply to Me