Posted by: k | 2005/07/11

when should i start seeing a gynae

Im 17, I started having sex in April with my boyfriend but we only have sex once every 3 weeks, my mom does not know. must i begin seeing a gynae

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

As soon as you start having sex, you need gynae chcek-ups.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/12

I agree with all above - it is never too soon to see the gynae, but you can wait until you are 18 and make the appointment.
Please take proper protection when having intercourse and remember that it is a huge step to take when you start having sex - there are always the risk of falling pregnant...

Take care.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Bell | 2005/07/12

My doc said as soon as I start having sex I should start going for the anual check up! So i think you should go to the gynae

Reply to Bell
Posted by: Bianca | 2005/07/11

Hi K,
From the age of 18, I ensured that I visited the gynae at least once a year. You are never too young to start and if you are sexually active it is a good idea. Try and make it an annual visit. My biggest fear is finding out that something is wrong before it's too late - call me cautious if you like.
So my advise to you would be to go and see a gynae. Having a check up can only be good for you.

Reply to Bianca

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.