Question
Posted by: k | 2005/07/11

when should i start seeing a gynae

Im 17, I started having sex in April with my boyfriend but we only have sex once every 3 weeks, my mom does not know. must i begin seeing a gynae

As soon as you start having sex, you need gynae chcek-ups.

3
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/12

I agree with all above - it is never too soon to see the gynae, but you can wait until you are 18 and make the appointment.
Please take proper protection when having intercourse and remember that it is a huge step to take when you start having sex - there are always the risk of falling pregnant...

Take care.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Bell | 2005/07/12

My doc said as soon as I start having sex I should start going for the anual check up! So i think you should go to the gynae

Reply to Bell
Posted by: Bianca | 2005/07/11

Hi K,
From the age of 18, I ensured that I visited the gynae at least once a year. You are never too young to start and if you are sexually active it is a good idea. Try and make it an annual visit. My biggest fear is finding out that something is wrong before it's too late - call me cautious if you like.
So my advise to you would be to go and see a gynae. Having a check up can only be good for you.

Reply to Bianca