Question
Posted by: sad | 2005/07/20

when love is not enough

hi.my b/f and I have been going out for 5 years now. I love him so much but there are things about him that I just cant stand and vise versa. Its sad but its like love is not enough sometimes...We are both starting to see a counsellor now but Im just scared if he tells us that we are just better off without each other. I dont know wot to do, its stressing me out. We tried talking about what bothers us about each other but we always end up arguing cause we just cant seem to see it from the other person view. People always say that love will conquer everything but it doesnt seem to working here...

Sounds wise for you both to be seeing a counsellor, and this is presumably the issue you are discussing with that counsellor. It's not a counsellor's job to tell you that you are better off with or without each other, but to help you both to ubsnerstand yourselves and each other, and the relationship, so that you both are better able to make decisions like that. Persevere with the counselling

3
Posted by: hey you | 2005/07/21

My new fiance and I have been in a relationship for 8 years and we still argue a LOT. We are from different backgrounds and we have different personalities. We still love each other though-that is why we are together.

Reply to hey you
Posted by: bIG TOE | 2005/07/21

i'v ebeen in a r/ship for 2.5yrs n &he just recently told me on an overseas trip to see his parents that he thinks I'm disgusting.Reason?He finally had the guts to tell me about things i lied to him about but neva told me.He says i belong with dirt!there's absolutly nothing i havn't done for him.After 2.5yrs HE STILL DOESN'T KNOW ME!!But claims he loves me.Unfortunately for me that doesn't cut it. Yes I lied about some things. i had a very traumatic childhood and maybe yes i might've acted amorally at times.But 4 him to turn around and tell me all this crap after so long is unbelievable.I say review what u wan tfrom him and mosre importantly for urself and cut ur losses if need be.

Reply to bIG TOE
Posted by: cas | 2005/07/20

dear sad

get out of the relasionship it sound like it sucks!!!!
after five years you still have things bothering you about him why still with him....HELLO....
be happy and free there are a lot of stunning people out there.

good luck
cas

Reply to cas