Question
Posted by: JO | 2008/07/16

When is it not in the best interest??

Hi CS

Been reading many of your replys and glad to find out not the only one feeling the pressures of life as a single parent.
My ex and I divorced in 2006 were he agreed to give me custordy and he got supervised visit as per FA report. When I started the proceeding for the divorce I told him not to fight and woulld recieve a lot more, But he would not agree to anythig so the whole divorce took 18 months to get finilised. He has now taken me back to court 3 times to fight for custordy and on all occasions having to drag the kids throu the system every time and he keeps getting the same result. When is not iin the best interest of the child to continue with this as my oldest son is now disalusioned with the justice system as he feels they wont listen to him anymore.

Surely the next time he tries this, your lawyer could approach the court and ask for him to be declared a Vexatious Litigant, who is damaging the kids by persisting in a losing cause, and then he would not be allowed to being such a court action without first getting special permission from a court.

1
Posted by: Zola | 2008/07/16

It can't be in the best interest of the child to bedragged through courts by a selfish adult who is only concerned about himself or is using the kids to spite the mother. Can't he realise after 3 attempts that nothing is going to change?

A friend of mine had the same problem. At the end the court told the man that if he ever brought the matter back he would be arrested. Hang in there, don't give up. It is in the children's best interest that you remain strong until they are old.

I am in the same boat, last week I was reported to Child Wellfare and accused of child abuse in an attempt to take the children away from me. I was almost giving up - but most of the time children are better off with their biological mother, so I am keeping mine until they are old enough for me to feel that if they are not with me and someone mistreats them they can stand up for themselves. Don't give up.

Reply to Zola