Question
Posted by: wondering | 2004/01/20

when is it necessary to go for a papsmear?

when is it necessary to go for a papsmear? i am 25, slept with someone last year for the first time, actually wanted to wait till marriage but didnt. Now, my parents are under the impression that I am still a virgin, now how to go for a papsmear without them asking questions I do not know, please advise me.

You should go for a pap smear. Why do your parents have to know about it?

2
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/20

HI,

I've been on a website (can't remember name anymore) for women and when to go for a first check up and they said that from as early as the age of 18 you can go for your first check up. So my guess should be that you can go, just to make sure that everything is alright and that you have no infections. I'm 21 and my plan is to go to a gynaedoc.

Good luck. I hope you come right!

Reply to ciska
Posted by: Purple | 2004/01/20

One only needs to go for a papsmear when you become sexually active.

At 25 you really don't need to tell your parents that you are visiting the gynaecologist, never mind the reason for the visit.

People also see gynaecologists for problems with their periods etc, so if your parents are that nosy, you could pretend that you have some problem with your periods (not missing one, they'll think you're pregnant). Or, just say you're going to the GP as you think you need an energy tonic because you've been feeling a bit low lately.
It will take you about 3 months to get a gynae appointment, they get very booked up.

Reply to Purple