Question
Posted by: Dizzy | 2007/08/01

When is enough, enough?

I am very unhappy at work at the moment. They are piling on the work and have completely unrealistic expectations. I've tried resolving this with them - many times!! But they still don't listen and they still pile on the work.

What is starting to happen is that I am getting into trouble because work gets forgotten, or not done. I simply don't have the time for everything and I can't remember every single thing I have to do. I also told them that this would happen (told them over a month ago) and they didn't listen.

I don't know whether or not this is the time to resign?? When is enough, enough?

My unhappiness comes from the work that I am putting out - I take a lot of pride in what I do and I don't like doing "half-jobs" because I don't have the time to do it properly. I am also so sick of being blamed for things that are not fair that I get blamed for them! It's so demotivating, and so soul destroying.

When is enough, enough?

Expert ImageExecutive coach

Dizzy, if you have repeatedly tried to have a conversation with them make one last effort by getting someone else to communicate to them on your behalf. Write them a letter as well. If all of this doesn’t work it may indeed be time to resign.

All the best

Jonti