Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2008/01/14

When is day one of my period?

I start spotting about three days before my menstrual cycle flows in full force. I normally have just this one heavy day of bleeding and then I will have a light flow for three or four days thereafter. Do I count the first day of my cycle from the first day that I start spotting or from the day when my menstrual flow starts properly. I am desperately tring to conceive, and this information will really help a lot! Thanks so much.

With your period as it is, you may find it easier to time ovulation with the ovulation discharge or pain, or by using an ovulation kit.

1
Posted by: sc | 2008/01/14

As far as I am aware, you start day one when you first see blood of any kind, even if it is spotting.

Reply to sc