Question
Posted by: KM | 2003/12/15

When during pregnancy does the baby start Kicking?

Hi just a quick question? I wanted to find out when the baby starts kicking when one is poregnant? I am 17 wks pregnant and have had a fairly good pregnancy. I sometimes feel fluttering but I never know if its my stomach grumbling or the fluttering of little kicks? but I don't think I have felt anything like a profound kick!!!

Usually between 18 and 22 weeks.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/15

I also only felt kicks at about 22/23 weeks. It slowed down at 24 weeks and then picked up again. At 28 weeks he is kicking like crazy!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: mom-to-be | 2003/12/15

At arround 17 weeks I also felt 'things' but I could never tell whether it's the baby or my stomach carrying on with it's normal function ( some people compare the feeling to that of having butterflies fly around your stomach). I hd similar feeling at 17 weeks - like a lot of small things moving.. I know now it was the baby. I had really firm kicks around 22 weeks.

A friend didn't get the small fluttering kicks. she only felt the for the first time around 22 weeks when it was the firm kick.

Good luck with you pregnancy.

Reply to mom-to-be