Question
Posted by: Jayne | 2007/06/04

When does ovulating take place

I have recently been on Clomid for the first time. Ever since I had a misscarriage last year I have a problem ovulating.
I had my 21 day progesterone level checked & the the results hit me hard. it was a mere 0,3. since I've been off the pill (triphasil) I've had a long cycle. ranging from a 32 day to a 38 day cycle. I have been experiencing lower abdominal pains since taking Clomid. Could it be that since my cycle is so long Im ovulating later? I have done sum calculations & according to when I got my period & how long my cycle is the 21 day test was done prematurely.
Could the dr please advise.

On Clomid you should ovulate around Day 14, though this can vary by a few days. If your cycle is still long, it probably means that the Clomid has failed to cause ovulation.