Question
Posted by: Doris | 2007/06/12

When does it heal fully?

I broke the 4 metacarpals in my foot 1.5 years ago and I still having trouble standing for long periods or walking long distances or straightening my toes or cold weather, usually my foot just swells and hurts a bit after any of the above.

Is this normal and when can I expect to return to normal (i.e. as I was before the accident).

Expert ImageArchive

You need to go check this up at the surgeon who treated you, If they say everything is ok, then go to a podiatrist and get orthotics to assist the foot in its correct function. You may also benifit from physio and or a biokineticist to rehabilitate the foot and lower leg.