Question
Posted by: Magrietjie | 2004/11/02

When do you need to worry about chest pain

I work in a medical call centre and are under a lot of stress. For the last two weeks i have experience pain in my chest, sometimes moving to the back. I also get shortness of breath when walking small distances and when lying down I also experience heart palpitations. Most of my family members have passed away due to heart attacks. Should I be worried or is this pains only stress related?

Magrietjie, the best would be to see a doctor as a chest pain that gets worse with exercise and is associated with shortness of breath and palpitations isn’t something that should be ignored. Good luck.