Question
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/03

When can you baby start hearing noises?

Hi guys

Just wondering when will my baby start to react on noises? I am 24 weeks and don't think my one is reacting on anything yet. I have read that they can hear from 20 weeks, but mine is not responding to anything yet.

Hard to say. Certainly by 24 weeks, they respond to sound. This response is not necessarily movement , so you may not be aware of it.

2
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/11/05

Oh, this is getting soooo exciting, each and every stage of pregnancy is so different with its own stages of excitement and worries. I remember that when I played music in the car the little one was very active. Ofcourse with his mommy playing the music so hard and all the singing along...
Now he also enjoys the music and gets very vocal himself!!

My baby also reacts to his fathers voice far more than with mine... whenever his father walks into a room and he talks you can see the little one searching for his dad.

Oh, this is amazing, the wonders of pregnancy and children.

Take care and enjoy!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Kate | 2004/11/04

They can hear from 20 weeks but may only start responding later on. This is the time to talk to your baby.

At the end of my previous pregnancy, my baby would respond to my husband's voice - may have been the deep bass of his voice.

It really only started happening from the 28th week or so.

Reply to Kate