Question
Posted by: Marcail | 2004/10/14

When can I buy feeding bras?

Hello doc,
when is the best time to buy feeding bras? I'm 25 weeks pregnant and don't want to buy new bras if my breasts are still "growing"? When do I know they have reached their limit?
And is it ok to sleep without a bra when breast feeding, or should one sleep with one?
Thank you!

Wearing a bra as much as you can while breastfeeding is important. Breasts grow right through pregnancy but much less so after 36 weeks

3
Posted by: Mommy to be | 2004/10/15

The sales lady told me you can buy feeding bras from 28 weeks. Also you need to sleep with a bra - use the carefix bras when sleeping - it keeps the breast pad in place and is very comfortable. Need a triumph or playtex bra with more support for during the day (without the wire).

Reply to Mommy to be
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/15

The Carefix bras are the most comfy. Wear them during pregnancy and the first month of breast feeding, when your boobs are huge. I got the Woolies bra's after that, and now, 8 months later, am still wearing them, I have just tightened the straps.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: rene | 2004/10/15

Hi Marcail,

A breast consultant told me that I should only buy feeding bras after the first month of breast feeding, that is when your breasts settle down. But off course I couldn;t wait I bought them even before I gave birth.

I used to sleep in those Carefix maternity feeding and sleeping bras. It has no wire so it is more like a croptop not quite a bra. They are very comfortable. It can be bought at any baby shop.

Regards,
René

Reply to rene