Question
Posted by: Nick | 2007/04/24

when best to train

Is cardio training better in the morning or late afternoon??. I use to in the morning for abt 40mins but life is too hectic now so I have to in the late afternoon, but im not feeling great as I was in the morning workout, I eat good foods and watch my diet. Will i see same results of weight loss.
Thank You

Hi Nick

Neither, or both, depending on how you look at it - there's no better time, unless there are practical reasons why one would train better in the morning or afternoon. For example, some people struggle for the rest of the day if they train in the morning, so for them, afternoon training is better. Or, they can't train on an empty stomach. For others, perhaps like yourself, it's maybe better to go in the mornings because you feel better. Of course, that has to be weighed against the hectic day you have if you try to fit training in before work. But the point is that your decision is not largely influenced by weight loss concerns, so you can afford to be practical about it.