Question
Posted by: chantelle | 2005/12/13

When are we supposed to get paid

Hi All

I know this is not the right forum for this question, We are closing on Thursday the 15 for festive holidays, all to find out that the lady that does salaries informed us that we'll only get paid by next not sure whether Monday or Tuesday by then the offices are already close , when are going to do our shopping is this fair, last year we got paid the same day we were closing but this year she tells excuses about expenses, that she needs to finish off
She is leaving the company by the 15 its her last day and now she can't finished our salaries and pay us on Thursady is this fair on am I wrong if I get upset with her about this.

I gather they're entitled to pay you by the end of the month ; but I'd be worried abou the idea of her leaving --- and it's fair to ask management if she doesn't pay the salaries before she goes --- who will be handling it when she does go ?

3
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/13

Take it up with management!

Reply to ASP
Posted by: chantelle | 2005/12/13

Each and every year they normally pay us by the 15th cause they is nobody working after that its a company policy that the offices are closed by that day, management already going on holidays, telling us we must speak to her about our salaries, my feeling is she doing this deliberately, why can't she pay us by the 15 but last she did pay us by that day . my question to her was what about those guys who are preparing to go on holidays surely everybody needs tobe payed by then if you going away, she just trying to be funny cause she knows she's leaving us.

Reply to chantelle
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/13

They can pay you on the 31st if they want to, sorry I know it's not what you want to hear.

Reply to CP Mom