Question
Posted by: Inez | 2004/11/03

When am I ovulating?

This is my second month of fertility treatment (Clomid) and I have always had regular periods although I have not calculated the length of my cycle before. I now find that I have a 36 day cycle although Clomid is supposed to regulate your cycle to the normal 28 days. From this I calculate that my ovulation date is day 22, however my gynae wants me to come in on day 14 to be injected.
The other question that I have regards my period. In September my period started on 18th although I had had spotting for 4 days before that. In October my period was due on the 16th if it was a 28 day cycle. I started bleeding very very lightly from the 19th but my period only really started on 23rd October. Why am I bleeding so lightly for the first week?
Can anyone help me please?

Things are different on Clomid. The best way to know when you are ovulating on Clomid is for your doctor to monitor your cycle with scans and blood tests.
The light bleeding before your period may be due to the lining of the uterus not shedding at the same time. This relates to hormone concentrations. The important thing is to know whether the Clomid makes you ovulate or not.