Question
Posted by: Marina | 2008/06/10

Wheelchair friendly schools

WHY IS SCHOOLS NOT WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY? NO ONE CAN ANSWER ME THIS!!!!

MY DAUGHTER IS 14 YEARS OLD AND BECAUSE OF SCOLIOSES, SHE LOST FEELINGS IN HER LEGS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. MENTALLY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER SO I CAN NOT PUT HER IN A SPECIAL SCHOOL. I S THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO GET SCHOOLS TO BE WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY???? MY DAUGHTER MUST RELY ON OTHER CHILDREN TO CARRY HER UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS! PLEASE HELP 082 446 2467

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you contact the Department of Education regarding this problem/concern or to make an appointment with the Headmaster of your daughter's school and request him to have the necessary adjustments done.

Kind regards