Posted by: John | 2004/11/18

Wheat intolerance, eczema, high blood pressure and indigestion

I have noticed that whenever I eat any food containing gluten I get eczema, my blood pressure goes up and I get heart burn.

Where and how does one do a test to determine whether one is in fact allergic to gluten??

Unfortunately I also get the same symptoms when I over indulge in other foods such as:

Fruits high in sugar content
Too much animal products and fats
Generally foods high in carbohydrate content
Margarine and vegetable fats
Generally junk food like crisps etc.

Your comment?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear John
Please consult your medical dr who will send you for allergy tests and may also ask for a glucose tolerance test to be done. Once we have a diagnosis, then we can change your dietary intake.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.