Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2004/10/13

wheat germ

Dear Estie

I have tried adding wheat germ to my diet on 2 different occasions and I seem to have a reaction to it. It feels as if my throat swells up and I definately battle to breathe, this usually happens within the hour and on this last occasion lasted for about 3 days until I excluded all wheat from my diet completely. I now feel normal again. Could I have an intolerance to wheat and gluten?
What are the symptoms for a wheat alergy? My 6 year old has a permanent blocked,stuffy and itchy nose. His doctor says it is sinus and prescribes anti biotics and nose spray which I am sick of. He is on bio strath, urticalcin and echinea force and the nose spray from the A Vogel range, but there has been no change for about 2 months now. Could he be alergic to wheat too?

Expert ImageNatural health

Hi Debbie

Being allergic to wheat germ is possible as is with any form of food or substance. Your body is clearly communicating to you that it does not approve of the wheat germ so please avoid it.

People eat far more wheat than what the body can tolerate and this causes many other problems in the body from sinus to poor assimilation of food leading to cells being malnourished, to flatulence etc etc....

Your son needs to avoid all wheat products, from cereals, to bread, cookies, pastries, pies, pizza, pasta, rusks.....He also needs to avoid sugar (and anything that contains sugar), certain dairy products (hard cheese, yoghurt, ice cream, milk) and fruit juices. His diet should be rich in fresh fruit, fresh veggies, whole grains, raw seeds and nuts, preservative free dried fruits, some fish, chicken or lamb, cottage cheese, feta cheese, maas, and lots of filtered water. Right now his digestion is out of balance so taking a course of Bioflora is essential to help him correct the balance. Give him a bottle of Liver and Gall Bladder Formula from A Vogel as well as his liver is most probably battling due to the medication the doctor has given him. Chronic sinusitis is mostly caused by poor eating habits and an imbalance in the digestive area.

Continue with the products from Vogel and Bio-Strath.

It will clear.

Kind regards.

Estie