Question
Posted by: erin | 2004/01/10

Wheat allergies

How long do i have to be "wheat-free" before I can see improvement in wheat allergy symptoms like excyma and stomach pain?

Dear Erin
I trust that your wheat allergy has been diagnosed by means of medical tests? If not, then you cannot be sure that it is the wheat that is causing the symptoms. If you do have a wheat allergy then it should take between 2 weeks and a month for the symptoms to improve or disappear. If they do not disappear, then I would advise you to return to the dr and tell him/her so that additional test can be done.