Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2007/05/29

whats wrong with me

I have the most terrible mood swings.At stages I feel like Im on top of the world, with lots of energy, cant sleep, my mind racing with thoughts, feeling happy and get irritated easily.Apart from these feelings i have stages where I feel depressed, tearfull,useless, dont wanna open my nouth to speak to people, it seems like to much of an effort, tearfull,frightfull.What is wrong with me, this has been going on for as long as i can remember, but know as i get older it's getting more intense?

Mood swings vary widely in cause and extent --- in how deep the swings are, how far they go in either direction, how rapidly they swing, and how often they swing. The only way to be sure what is going on would be to see a good local shrink for a full assessment, and advice based on the results of that. The situation can surely be helped, perhaps with medication, perhaps with psychotherapy / counselling, perhaps with both.
Shelly --- I hope the meds help and that you are soon feeling more stable and strong

3
Posted by: Annie | 2007/05/29

How old are you ... maybe menopause ?

Reply to Annie
Posted by: shelly | 2007/05/29

Hi there, i've suffered from this to for way to long than what i sometimes feel i can handle.Last week thursday 3 different doctors wanted to admit me into hospital it got to much for me to cope with and i wanted to comit suicide by the time 19:00 came.I'm seeing a psychiatrist at the moment and he has put me on mood stabilizers to see how it affects me.Chancers are it is bipolar.I would really sugest you see your doctor for referal, i really hope you find peace.If nothing else believe in yourelf,be strong

Reply to shelly
Posted by: Patricia | 2007/05/29

Hi Cathy,

I am no expert, but sounds like we have the same symptoms. Read up on Bipolar Disorder. This might answer a lot of your questions.

Reply to Patricia