Question
Posted by: Mads | 2006/07/17

Whats wrong with me?

Good day Doctor,

Here’s the deal I have to most excruciating periods and the only thing that helps now and then is Fenamin but my periods are never on the same date and most of the times 3 or 4 days, I have a very bad skin and are very hairy even around my nipples are hair and I tend to get pimples on my nipples(not even to say my bad acne).
I did do a papsmeer a few years ago and they confirmed I have a lot of male hormones and the day I had fallen preggies my Doc said I had a cyst but all my NEW preggy hormones will rectify it.
Now I did a lot of reading and it seems I have PCOS do you think it would be wise to go the Doc and ask for a papsmeer or a scan to see what’s going on inside as I tend to have weekly bladder infection too.

Whats your view on this?

I agree that it sounds like PCOS. You could have a scan to confirm. The treatment would then be the Pill, unless you are trying to fall pregnant and Metformin may also be helpful.