Question
Posted by: Natasja | 2007/05/02

What`s the difference?

Last week i went for my first scan on 5 weeks and 2 days,according to the Gynea.
He said everything looked fine,no heartbeat yet!
With my previous precnancy 2 years ago i had a huge sist in my one overy the first 3 months,he had to drain it,was getting to big!!
Anyway all went well.Now last week he said there is a follical on my one overy,but the other one is fine.It looked big,just like the sist looked.
So whats the difference??Last time he also said nothing to worry about ,and 3 weeks later he had to do a "emercency draing" in the consulting rooms.Because it was nearly 5.5 cm.
Why is there a follikol?
I`m six weeks yesterday!

There is always a corpus luteal cyst in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. This supports the pregnancy till the placenta has properly formed. This usually remains relatively small and it is rare for it to get big enough to need drainage.