Question
Posted by: Kloud | 2007/07/10

WHATS HAPPENING

Ok, been ttc for 3yrs and went to see a homeopath last year who said I had an inactive patuatry gland, along with very long and haywire periods. Went onto his meds for 5months and have been off since November last year. I have periods ranging between 26 and 32 days long and my ovulation changes accordingly. I have sort of been keeping track of my cm and ovulation pains and things have been going well, until this month. I have ovulation pains combined with tender breasts, nausea,heartburn and tiredness. Someone suggested that I do a pregnancy test yesterday, which sadly came out negative, can someone please tell me what is happening, or offer some sort of advise, I am on day 20 of my cycle?

Kloud

Dear Kloud

The symptoms that you have described are not specific to pregnancy alone and it would be unusual to experience these symptoms on day 20 of your cycle. Also, it would be far to early to do a pregnancy test as one can only expect a positive blood pregnancy test from about day 26 onwards. My advice therefore is to be conservative and monitor the situation until you either receive your next menstrual period or repeat the pregnancy test in about 6 or 7 days time.

1
Posted by: Kloud | 2007/07/13

Hi There

Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated.
If I am late for my menstrual period, how long should I wait before doing a home pregnancy test?

Reply to Kloud