Posted by: Eolathin | 2008/07/28

what' s wrong with my 8 year old son?

Help me please!? The last few weeks my 8 year old son seems to be in his own world. He knows he can talk to me about anything, but he doesn' t seem to want to. We have noticed marked change in his behaviour - he' s not concentrating on anything, not sleeping or eating well, slamming doors, and is clumsy.

Is this just hormones? how do i get him to open up?

It can be really hard to tell, but at 8 its highly unlikely to be hormones --- they won't have started to stir things up yet. He sounds bothered about something, and school bullying is a common cause of such a picture. But if sympathetic chatting to him doesn't bring out any revelations of what is concerning him, a child psychologist may well be able to help, as they can use a variety of means to draw him out. Does he do drawings ? If so, has the subject or style changed ?

Posted by: Jane | 2008/07/28

I would take him to a child psychologist. If there is something wrong he needs treatment sooner rather than later and if nothing wrong it will at least put your mind at rest.
It definately sounds as if something is bothering him.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Zoe | 2008/07/28

Hi please find out if he is not bullied at school he won' t tell you. Do your own investigation.

Reply to Zoe