Question
Posted by: Noddy | 2006/03/31

what's the matter with me?

I have been diagnosed with hypertension a couple of weeks ago? Does this affect one's libido as I'm suddenly in no mood for sex and i feel tired and fall asleep immediatley whenmy head hits the pillow. I also wake up at night for my son who is teething and still bottle feeding.

Hypertension is the medical term for high blood pressure. High blood pressure exists when the level of pressure inside the blood vessels is high. Your heart, nervous system, kidneys, and the size of your small blood vessels together determine the level of pressure in your arteries. For 95% of people with high blood pressure, the cause is not known. Medical science has learned how to control it, but has not discovered the cause of most hypertension.

Doctors, scientists, and researchers have identified the following steps for adults to lower their risks of inducing or perpetuating hypertension:

Identify and find working outlets for your stress. Most mothers are experiencing a pretty high stress level. Exercise, relaxation, and deep breathing are good starts to regaining your energy and feeling good. (Be careful not to equate hyperte nsion with tension, though. Being tense or uptight can cause your blood pressure to go up temporarily, but does not cause hypertension.)

Try avoiding salty foods including processed meats, salted snack foods, canned soups, and most cheeses. Restaurant food usually uses more salt (and sometimes MSG) than is healthy. If you can cook at home, use little added salt. Reducing sodium intake may help curb your fluid retention, which reduces your blood volume, and, thus, your blood pressure.

Lower your saturated fat intake, which is especially high in animal meats, dairy products, and nuts. Lowering your saturated fats prevents your heart from having to pump through a larger system.

An individual's blood pressure can vary greatly, so a series of blood pressure readings over a few weeks is usually used to diagnose hypertension. Working with your doctor and a nutritionist getting your pressure taken regularly, and discussing strategies that have and have not been successful for you will create the greatest long-term benefits to your health.

Medication can affect your sex drive, but it is far more important to get your blood pressure stable and work on the sex life.

E Mc

2
Posted by: noddy 2 | 2006/03/31

Hey Noddy, sorry 4 stealing ur name, I'll be Noddy 2 ok?

Reply to noddy 2
Posted by: Noddy | 2006/03/31

Just wanna say, this was not send it by the usual Noddy, I am still fine, dont know who this "Noddy" with the problem is?

Reply to Noddy