Question
Posted by: anon | 2004/11/08

what's happening?

hi

I was a pretty much happy person before until i took this dumb aptitude test. Look, i was a bit of a quiet person but I really enjoyed company of my close friends. I was a bit hesitant to meet new people, but as always, i'm sure any person is. Then came this aptitude test that said i was introverted. I never considered myself to be like this and I always thought that change would inevitably come and i'd eventually summon up the courage to make new friends and explore the world. Its really bothering me since this means that maybe i'll always be hesistant. Surely this cannot be... I'm almost sure that a person can change his or her personality somehow. And how is it possible for my entire personality to be determined in this phase of my life when i'm so young (first year out of school). Plz help.

Expert ImageTeen expert

what kind of aptitude test did you take? Whilst personality tests can be indicators to a person's personality type or style it is worth remembering that humans rarely fit exactly into straight-forward boxes or labels.

If you feel happy with who you are the it doesn't matter how other people may label you. There is nothing wrong with being a bit shy as this is what being introverted is about. It also means that you are a reflective thoughtful person. So being called introvert is not meant to be a criticism.

You are still finding your way in the world, so concentrate on being you and feeling good about that.

2
Posted by: anon | 2004/11/08

Hey thanks 4 the reply NM...I think you're most definitely right. No two people in this world are the same...not at all ! Even if you think about twins some even have totally different personalities.
Being unique and yourself is whats most important.

Reply to anon
Posted by: NM | 2004/11/08

Ignore the stupid test - be yourself! You don't need to be classified - you're unique and that all that matters!

Reply to NM