Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2004/11/24

What to use ? Dry & trying to conceive

I wonder if anyone can help. DH & I are actively trying to concieve, and it is coming up to my fertile time, but now I have problem that I have never had before. I am very dry during intercourse. Now I dont want to use lubricants cause I have heard that the affect the mobility of the sperm, Anyone got any suggestions on what else we can use??

Perhaps you are tense because you are "trying". Try to relax and have lots of foreplay.

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/24

Leigh,

All lubricants on the market inhibit sperm and should not be used when ttc.

I have poor cervical mucous (acidic and dry) and have asked my fertility specialist what to use. He said that fertility meds like Clomid and Fertomid actually worsens the problem and that I should not use any such meds. Since I have been to a homeopath who gave me meds to fit my "constitution" and rebalance my hormones. As a result of these meds, my cervical mucous has increased markedly.

You can do the following:
- take Vicks Chesty containing ONLY Guaifenesin as active ingredient (it loosens the mucous you do produce) during your fertile period
- visit a homeopath
- prolong foreplay
-drink lots of water
Do not use a vaginal douch. Stay away from dairy products and anti-histamine (or sinus clearing meds) as these cause the mucous to 'clump' and become dryer. Eliminate all dehydrating drinks such as alcohol and caffeine.

Hope this helps!

Reply to Golly