Question
Posted by: Wonderer | 2005/07/01

What to use?

Hi There. I am a 21 year old female currently on the pill Melodene. I get pretty irritated being on the pill because the water retention is huge and it makes me put on weight. Oddly enough, I feel my best when I have my period. I want to know, is "the loop" a safe alternative to the pill? What exactly is it? Are there any side affects? I heard that it makes ones periods a lot heavier and one also tends to spot. Is this true? And how much does it typically cost? Thank you for your help. xxx

You could try Yasmin. This is supposed to have much less water retention. The IUCD is another option if you are in a monongamous relationship. Side effects are heavier and more painful periods. It lasts for 5 years.

2
Posted by: Bell | 2005/07/01

it is safe and expensive, but if you do not have any kids the cyberdoc said inseting it can be very painful.

Reply to Bell
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/01

I am not sure about the side effects. My friend had it and said it was fantastic. It lasts for 5 years, but she had hers taken out when they were TTC-ing. Any way, just to let you know it costs R1200.00. Thats what my gynea told me last week. I think it's quite a good alternative to the pill and cheaper in the long run too.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS