Question
Posted by: Carin | 2007/04/18

What to help with Ankolysing Spondilitis

My teenage daughter are displaying symptons of Ankolysing Spondilitis (positive for HLAB 27). Are there any vitamins or minerals you can suggest for her to take on a regular basis for a better outcome in the future?

Dear Carin
I am sorry to hear about your teenage daughter's problem. I am, however, not aware of any dietary interventions that can assist with this condition. Because ankylosing spondylitis is classified as a chronic and usually progressive inflammatory disease I can only suggest that the use of omega-3 fatty acids (found in Salmon oil capsules) may help to alleviate some of the inflammatory symptoms, because the omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties. .