Question
Posted by: Pregnant Fairy | 2004/03/09

What to expect - 8 weeks scan

I am 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant and going for a check-up today. I would just like to know what I can expect from the scan (size etc) as all the information I get in magazines are confusing.

Thx

The scan will show the heartbeat and you should be able to see limb buds at this stage.

3
Posted by: Pregnant Fairy | 2004/03/09

What a wonderfull experience !!!!! The fetus is only 14.3mm long but the doctor recons that is right on track... but that heartbeat !!!!!

Reply to Pregnant Fairy
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/09

The 8 week scan is beautiful and they only get better after that.
You will defnitely be able to see and hear the heartbeat, but unfortunately baby is not all that big at 8 weeks - at 10 weeks they are about 6 cm long. I remember that mine had moved quite alot during the scan, but as Norma said, the heartbeat alone makes you cry.
You will still have an internal scan at this stage.

Enjoy that heartbeat!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/09

I went for a scan on 6weeks and doc did a internal. We could only see a "blob" and the heartbeat, and just to hear that made me cry. Maybe you can see more on 8weeks.

Good luck and enjoy....

Reply to Norma