Question
Posted by: visitor | 2007/06/25

what to do next???

Me and hubby is married of 3 yrs now and have one child of 2. I am the only one working, and supporting our family. The company he worked at, closed down five months ago, and since then he is jobless. He is at home all day with our child, but she has a nanny so he is not really looking after her. This is the problem, it has been 5 months and he is not near another job.. We have internet at home, but he doesnt even bother to try and look for another job, but when he uses it to play games, he knows very well how to use it. If I tell him how I feel, he makes it if it is my fault. And that I am saying he is not good in anything. He doesnt see how I stress, to pay the bills all the cars, accounts, food, ext.. He just keeps on living as if everything is fine.
Im getting to the end of my rope, Im stressed, and dont know what to do anymore. Unfortunately I dont have time to look for a job for him, because if I am not working Im looking after our child, because he is always busy with something.. naturally excluding doing something for our home or family or looking for a job..
What do you think, and what can I do?? Im tired of fighting and he just doesnt want to listen to anything..

If he's just wasting time playing silly games, he needs a good wakeup call, as he should be busy job-hunting, as well as helping with the household chores. It is NOT your fault. He has no right to be "busy" with anything except job-hunting and caring for his family. How would he react if you sutold him that he has two months in which to find a job, or you will move out, with the child, returning to your family or to a smaller place of your own, and just leave him to fend for himself ? And as Echelle says, stop feeding him altogether

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/25

Lock the fridge and only give the nanny a key to every cupboard door in the kitchen and fridge to only give your daughter food in the daytime, but why must there be a nanny? Why couldn't he look after her? And don't even give him dinner! If I were a man and struggled to find another job I would have watched over cars even to provide for my family!

Reply to Echelle