Question
Posted by: Caring ex | 2007/12/04

What to do about liar?

Good afternoon CyberShrink,

I'm hoping you can help me with the problem I have. I think my ex is a pathological liar. We dated on off for about four years and during that time he lied to me countless times and also cheated on me. We are still good friends and he continues to lie. The other day he admitted that he has a problem and wants to be helped. How do they diagnose this and treat it?
He is not on medical aid, do you have any contact numbers of free or goverment facilities please?

Good afternoon, c.e.
YOur ex may well be a pathological liar, but if he's your EX, why does anything about what he is, still concern you ? Why do you choose to remain excellent friends with a habitual liar ? IF he genuinely wants help ( how do you know he isn't lying about this, too ? ) then he needs to see a shrink and find one practising CBT counselling, to help him give up this bad habit. I doubt whether any government facility would provide this reliably, though you could explore your nearest medical school's dept of psychiatry or psychology.

1
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/12/04

Leave him alone, i gueas that's the reason he is your ex now unless u want to be like that woman in the bible who turned into a salty mountain because she always looked back.

go forth as you did, he is in the past.

Reply to Lolo