Posted by: Pixie | 2010/06/01

What to do ?

I left my marital home not due to divorce but due to having been relocated by my employer to another province. The divorce took place while I was already in another province and my ex still stays there .We are in the process of selling the property and he insists that I pay him half of the bond amounts he has been paying since we got divorced. I have suggested that he moves out of the house so we can have it rented so I dont have to pay out the bond I cannot afford and he indicates that he was never instructted by court to move out of the house, so he refuses. I cant pay him half for the house he is occupying as well as the bond of where I stay . I honestly cannot afford it and yet he does not want to rent out the house. So when the property gets sold from whatever amount is due to me , he says he will deduct " his"  money from the proceeeds and give me the remainder. This will be " eating up"  on all the equity I could have received on the property sale ,. What are my options ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

For legal queries pls log onto

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.