Question
Posted by: Empty | 2008/06/18

What-to-do

Dear Doc,

Thanks for your previous reply:

Why do I need to see a shrink if I have food problems, and not a dietician?

I am way over the reason of being called fat when I was 15, I just know have a bad habit.....I think????

Dieticians are best to advise on the most apt diet for someone over or under weight, but they are NOT qualified to diagnose or treat any eating disorder such as Obesity or Anorexia / Bulimia. The problem seems to lie in EATING, rather than in food as such --- shrinks can be effective in treating bad habits, dieticians are not trained to do so