Question
Posted by: DOS | 2007/07/26

what to do

don't even know where to start, i'm currently in a position where i'm starting to hate my job, my mind is always dwelling all over the place, i'm constantly tired and no matter how much sleep i manage to get in i always have to drag myself out of bed, i'm 26 still living at home as my parents don't want me to move out the house (they say i'm still their baby). i luv my bf of 4yrs dearly but things just don't seem the same no more, the affection and attention seems like it fading. i've recently started chattin with sum guy on mxt and we've met a few times and i actually enjoy the attention he gives me but on the other hand it is so scary as i know that i do luv my bf and don't want to hurt him... i have such a tough time trying to have a social life weekends and my bf works weekends, my parents neva went me to go out and always complain about crime and stuff's outside and expect me to sit at home with them.... i so much wud love to get out of the house but i know my parents will neva be happier for me.....

Its difficult when parents insist on infantilizing you and urge ou to remain "their baby"when you really need to become adult and independent. Sounds like you need to see a personal counsellor to help you gain self-confidence and independence, and also to get a proper assessment as to whether there are other elements, such as Depression, which need to be dealt with. Above all, you need the assistance of a counsellor to be able to stand up against your parents over-controlling ways which are retarding your adult development