Question
Posted by: GG | 2007/04/04

WHAT TO DO

GOOD DAY

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND HAVE BEEN DATING FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW. SHE'S THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND I WILL MARRY HER SOMEDAY(WHEN I'M MORE FINANSIALLY SOUND). SHE'S BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT HEADACHE'S FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS.
SHE'S GONE THROUGH A LOT OF TESTS. BUT THY SAY THERE IS NOTHING. SHE IS SICK ALL THE TIME.I MEAN SHE GETS SICK JUST WHEN STUFF GET A LITTLE BIT DIFFICULT AT WORK. SHE HAS GONE FROM WORK IN THE LAST TREE MONTHS 4 TIMES. WHEN WE GET TO THE DOCTER SHE LOOKS SICKER THAN BEFORE. SHE'S ALWAYS VERY "DOWN", ALWAYS COMLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING, PEOPLE, CIRCUMSTANCE WE FIND OURSELFS IN, ETC.

WHEN I JUST FEEL A LITTLE BIT UNDER THE WEATHER SHE TURNS SICK.I HAVE BEEN CHEERFUL TRIEING TO LIFT HER UP AND MOTIVATE HER, AND SOMETIMES IT WORKS AFTER I HAVE TRIED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR (OR LONGER). BUT I CAN NOT HAVE THAT 1 DOWN DAY THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE NOW AND THEN. I AM STUDYING LAW AND IT'S NO JOKE DOING IT PART TIME(BECAUSE I HAVE A 7:30 - 16:00 JOB). I'M GETTING ERITATED WITH EVERYTHING.

IT LOOKS AS IF SHE DOESN'T WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP HERSELF. AT THIS STAGE I AM CARRYING HER (MENTALY). WHAT CAN I DO TO GET HET TO HELP HERSELF, TO BE BETTER MOTIVATED, AND THEN NOT BEING DEAD SICK IF HER TROUGHT JUST A LITTLE BIT ITCHI, ETC.
PS:NO MEDICINES PLEASE( IF POSSIBLE)

Dear GG
It sounds as if your girlfriend suffers from anxiety and depression. It is a very heavy burden to bear if you are always responsible to make someone feel better and I can predict now that such a marriage will probably not last - you will not be able to always carry her mentally as you will also in your life go through bad patches. If you have kids one day, they will also need emotional support and you just can't do it all. Why do you say no medicines? Depression is an illness just like diabetes or underactive thyroid hormones - it will make her quality of life so much better! I am sure she does not enjoy feeling like this all the time.