Question
Posted by: **** | 2005/07/15

What to do?

I know that this is not a queston for a shrink but I did not know which forum to place this is.
Anyway, I am starting a ne job soon. At my present job, I do not wear make-up - ever. I don't like wearing make-up and my skin always breaks out into a rash. I am 21 and have very good skin so I do not need make-up to cover up. But I am just afraid that they moan at me at my new job for not wearing make-up ro that they think I do not look after my appearance. I look great without make-up. Also I am gonna be sitting at reception, so maybe my new boss won't approve of me not wearing any make-up.

lets see what others suggest. Maybe enquire at a store about hypo-allergenic makeup ? But if you look good without it, why wear it ? I doubt that any company can reasonably insist that you wear makeup so long as you look good anyway

5
Posted by: ruth | 2005/07/18

whats your problem,i assume you went to the interview without makeup and got the job.have a bit of faith.

Reply to ruth
Posted by: elle | 2005/07/15

Im a profesional make up artist and all I can say is that you are truelly lucky to have great skin! Being a receptionist means that you take the first impression for the company, so you have to look presentable, which means clean, neat clothing and hair. It does not mean made up face for a cover shoot! Like the others suggested, smeer some lip gloss on, and a coat of mascara! No one can insist you wear make up! Good luck with the new job!

Reply to elle
Posted by: shoulder | 2005/07/15

I am at Reception too, and i don't have that of a good skin but i just do use mascara,lipgloss and i do my eyebrows but no cover and i look as beautiful as ever coz the lady that wears a make ups looks more like a doll but i look lovely without the cover, and when i cam for an interview i had no cover on, so noone can force me to wear cover now.

Reply to shoulder
Posted by: CJ | 2005/07/15

I also have a good skin, but because client's do come into our offices, I wear lip gloss and mascarra, and that looks as natural as it gets!

Reply to CJ
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/15

well, if you have flawless skin why not flaunt it. Can you handle just a little lip gloss perhaps?

Reply to Joanne E