Question
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/07

WHAT TO DO

Hey there Doc & others,

I am in total bitch mode today. Feels like every one is trying to get under my skin on purpose. Today when i woke up my roommate was laying in the bath for so long, then he left me with no hot water. I have no dry clothes, this weather is great, but can it stop for one day atleast. Then i proceeded to go put in petrol. Gas station was full, but as i was driving to the empty pump, some lady in her bmw came in from the other side and got there before i did. That totally pissed me off too.

Any way, i have pin pointed why i am feeling like i am. I'm ovulating. Now the problem is i really would like to have a baby, but the thing is i really dont feel like doing it when im ovulating, which is kind of necessary. What to do, what to do.

I'm tired again today. The insomnia thing is really getting to me. Was awake most of the night last night. I told him that its probably best to go see a doctor to get some thing prescribed, but i think his got this attitude that if he ignores the problem it might go away. Which it clearly is not. So at 2:30 i woke up, made us both a cup of warm milk, and lay tickeling his back until he fell asleep, that was about 4:00. Now i find myself double dropping supradyn just to get me through the day. And i'm not even the one with the problem.

Im venting but the ovulation is getting to me, and the fact that i simply cant get turned on during this time. I suppose lack of sleep is also probably to blame here...

Any suggestions?

PARIS
XXX

Hi Paris in TBM,
Close your skin immediately, and stop allowing these folks to get under it. As for the nasty lady with the BMW, I suspect ( not owning one myself, I can't afford it ) that when you buy a BMW, in the glove-compartment there's a booklet that congratulates you on now being part-owner of every road and parking place, on a sort of sectional title basis, and this probably includes automatic priority at every filling station.
Ovulating, Pity the egg is being so unreasonable. Insomnia is a turnoff when you want to get turned on, but so long as he rest of the process works at the right time, being turned on is desbrable, but not compulsory.
I'm with Socks on the Chocolate advice. And as you point out, YOU suffer from HIS insomnia. Maybe you should take a Stilnox, until he faces the face that the problem is NOT going away for him. I must try that peanut butter !

6
Posted by: Inc | 2004/12/07

Hi Paris

Peanut butter helps for insomnia... have some and give the bf some before bed time.
Don't concentrate on being turned on during ovulation... just don't think about it at all... remember the start of the relationship when everything came naturally... try and focus on that.
Every ovulating woman suffers from Pass My Shotgun syndrome... don't feel alone and try to relax. Maybe do something romantic, like a scented oil and bubble bath... with candles and some wine?
Leave full on intercourse for a while... concentrate on some intimacy and fourplay... enjoy being with each other that way and see where it goes.
Good luck girl!

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/07

Hi Paris,

My mom usually goes and sleeps in my sister's or my room (when we're not) there...otherwise in the caravan when my dad keeps her awake (but in his case, it's the lifting-of-the-roof-snoring)! I know, I know, not a good solution. If it makes you feel any better, mine was also another sleepless night!
As for the ovulating (PMS?) - I agree totally with the others, CHOCOLATE!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: Socks | 2004/12/07

mmm, maybe he has stress from work?

Reply to Socks
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/07

Cinnamon dusted chocolate coated roasted coffee beans.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/07

Hi socks,

The insomnia problem is not mine its my boyfriends. Problem is, he keeps me awake too. Just that he tries to hard to get to sleep that he ends up tossing and turning, until i wake up.

We both get quite a bit of exercise. I play beach volleyball and he goes to gym for an hour every single day. CS suggested he go to the doctor to get a sleeping pill prescribed, but like i said, if he ignores the problem it might go away, or so he thinks.

I know its not a problem that i personally cant cope with, i guess im just in a weird frame of mind at the moment.

Thanks for listening, and for your suggestions.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Socks | 2004/12/07

CHOCOLATE :-) and then to take a deep breath and know that you a special and YES we all have those yucky days when everything seems to irritate us...

Question: do you get enough exersize? reason is if you arent, that would definalty explain the insomnia and tierdness during the day. Try walking after work in the evenings with a freind/boyfreind ect for about 30mins or even something like taebo ... I am feeling alot more awake these days due to exersizing...

Hope you feel 100% soon :-)

Reply to Socks