Posted by: Confused | 2004/10/06

What To Do ???

Dear Doc
I really hope you can help me. I've been to my GP complaining about constant fatigue,weight loss etc etc,we had blood tests done and it was established that I was JUST anaemic. I had 3 tests done and he assured me there was no cancer scares etc etc,the reason I bring this up is because,I also told him that I would often find unexplained bruising on my body - arms,legs etc etc. Today I have found another bruise on my arm,and I know I haven't hurt myself there,what could the problem be?? At the moment I'm just taking minamino capsules,shouldn't I be taking an iron supplement as well,cause I still feel the same way!!
I'm a 28 yr old female. Please help doc,I just don't want to go thro another set of blood work and he tells me the same thing! Thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Confused, the first thing to do is to find out WHY you are anaemic. It might just be due to heavy menstrual bleeding, but it might also be due to something more serious like a bleeding ulcer or bleeding somewhere in the intestines. Apparently your doctor doesn’t care about this, so the best would be to see someone else; preferably a specialist physician. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.