Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/02/10

What steps do I need to take to become a dietician?

Hi, it's not really a diet related question as such, however, I have always had an interest in health and nutrition and would love to study and perhaps go into that sort of field (dietician). What steps would I need to take to get more knowledgeable on food and diet and what sort of job opportunities?

Dear Wendy
You need to contact one of the SA universities or Technikons that offer courses in Human Nutrition and/or Dietetics. This depends on where you live: e.g. Pretoria, Potchefstroom, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Pmb, etc. You can also contact the Association for Dietetics in SA at: Tel (011) 447-4187 for career information.