Question
Posted by: EMI | 2007/06/20

WHAT SHOULD I DO

I AM GETTING CONFUSE NOW.
COS I HARDLY EAT PROPERLY.
FOR SOME TIME NOW I HAVE LOST MY APPETITE.
AND I'M ACTUALLY LOSSING WEIGHT, EVERY DAY.
PLS I WAN TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF FOOD THAT I SHOULD TAKE GET IS BALANCE IN DIET. AND WHICH WILL MAKE ME TO ADD WEIGHT.
AM VERY WORRIED
THANKS

Dear Emi
It is always important to have a medical checkup if you suddenly lose your appetite because this can be an indication of underlying illness. So please do have a checkup ASAP. If you are deliberately starving yourself (I hope this is not the case), then you also need to see a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist. To read about weight gain click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining'. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.